Accepting Business Panel Nominations for Sustain Dane’s Badger Bioneers Conference
Posted: 2:39PM April 30th, 2012 | Comments
Sustain Dane is hosting our 4th annual Badger Bioneers Conference in partnership with the UW-Madison’s Office of Sustainability and Global Health Institute. We are looking for nominations to be featured on a panel in the business track:
The Next Step: Paradigm Shift towards Sustainable Business
Businesses are beginning to make a paradigm shift to take responsibilities for the externalities they produce through sustainable practices. Businesses often begin their journey in sustainability with the low-hanging fruit in their operations - changes that will bring a high rate of return within a year. Further in the process they begin to integrate sustainability into their strategic planning and core mission work. Hear from 3 businesses that have made this shift.
- Business Name:
- Suggested speaker name, title and contact:
- Why do you think your business should be showcased on this panel?
- Provide an example of how your business has integrated sustainability into strategic planning and/or core mission work:
- Provide an example of how your business made a sustainable choice that goes beyond the “low-hanging fruit”:
- Can you trace how this shift happened? For example, was it led from the top? A passionate middle manager? Grassroots? Was it purposeful? Did it just happen?
- How have you looked at your impact beyond your own four walls, e.g. supply chain, community involvement, etc.?
Introduction to the Badger Bioneers Conference:
Theme: The Intersection of Energy, Climate Change, Health & the Economy
December 12th & 13th, 2012 at Union South, UW-Madison
Reception: December 13th, 6:30 – 10:00 pm Madison Children’s Museum
The Badger Bioneers Conference is an annual 2-day conference in the Madison Region, inspired by the national Bioneers Conference held every year in Marin County, California. The national Bioneers Conference features global social and scientific innovators from all walks of life changing how we view daily life, work and nature. The Badger Bioneers Conference features 5 local visionaries in sustainability; panel discussions and regional artists, in addition to a curated selection of plenary talks from the National Bioneers Conference.
Participants can design their own schedule for the conference, taking advantage of programming that focused on business, education, communities, and outdoors. Music, locally-grown food, and a fabulous, extremely well-attended Friday night reception allows attendees to connect with like-minds from the community.